Benefits of Vacuum Packaging for Food Products
Vacuum packaging provides an easy and efficient way of packaging a variety of products and is used within a wide range of industries to package a surplus of items. However, one of the most common types of products packaged in this way is definitely food products, with major food suppliers vacuum packaging their leading food products on a daily basis around the world. In this post, we are going to be discussing just some of the amazing benefits vacuum packaging holds in terms of packaging food, with the ultimate intention of allowing even more food suppliers to realise the mass advantages of vacuum packaging.
Vacuum Packaging Benefits (for food products)
Increased shelf life
– A number of studies have shown that vacuum packaging can increase the shelf life of products from 50% to 400% due to the ideal atmosphere created within the packaging when vacuum-sealed. This is because when food products are sealed in this way oxygen surrounding them is eliminated.
Reduced product loss
– Because shelf life is extended when food products are vacuum packed, product loss for companies is straight away reduced, assisting in increasing bottom lines.
Sealed barrier from external elements
– Vacuum packaging protects food from dust, moisture, insects, and an array of other external elements that can cause harm and damage to food products. Vacuum packaging can also work as an excellent barrier against freezer burn during long-term freezer storage.
Improved product presentation
– The majority of vacuum bags are clear, allowing for products sealed in this way to be seen when displayed on shelves – showing customer’s what they are buying. When it comes to vacuum packaging there are multiple options available including but not limited to easy open tear notches and foil lined vacuum packaging, making it possible for all companies to find options that are perfect for them.
Quick and effective packaging
– Thanks to the large array of vacuum packaging machinery available, such as vacuum sealers
, vacuum packaging can be conducted incredibly quickly, allowing for hundreds and even thousands of items to be sealed per hour.
These are only some of the amazing benefits too!
Here to Help
Here at Sontex we are incredibly passionate about vacuum sealing and aim to assist as many people and companies as possible in obtaining the most suitable and advantageous vacuum packaging machines. Anyone looking to purchase vacuum sealers should check out our leading range here: https://www.sontex.co.uk/vacuum-sealers/
Alternatively, if you have any questions regarding vacuum sealing or want assistance in choosing the best machines and sealers based on your individual needs and requirements, do not hesitate to contact our professional and friendly team who are always happy to help.